So, how to design a logo?
1. Get Inspired
2. Learn anything and everything you can about
3. Develop your own creative process.
1. Design Brief: To collect information from the
2. Research: Learning more about the industry
and the client’s history.
3. Reference: checking out design for client
4. Conceptualization: sketching and developing
5. Reflection: Letting the idea mature.
6. Presentation: Choosing a couple of designs
to show the client.
The five principles of effective logo design:
A good logo is:
1. Simple – Memorable – Timeless – Versatile –
Elements of Design:
Color – Line – Mass – Space – Movement – Texture – Type – Value
Principles of Design:
Balance – contrast – Direction – Economy – Emphasis – Proposition –
Unity – Rhythm.
Basic color schemes:
With color, you can set a mood, attract attention, or make a statement.
The difference between warm and cool colors:
Warm colors are vivid and energetic and tend to advance in space.
Whereas cool colors give an impression of calmness and create a soothing
The difference among Tints, shades, tones:
Tints is adding white to a pure hue.
Shades is adding black to a pure hue.
Tones is adding gray to a pure gray.
What is the color wheel? It is a tool for combing
colors and choosing one.
1. Primary colors: red, blue, yellow.
2. Secondary colors: Green, Orange, and
3. Tertiary colors are created by mixing
primary and secondary colors.
There are six basic techniques for color schemes:
1. Complementary color schemes.
2. Analogous color schemes.
3. Triadic color schemes.
4. Split-Complementary color schemes.
5. Rectangle color schemes.
6. Square color schemes.